Last updated: September 18, 2017
At IT WORKS INDEPENDENT DISTRIBUTOR, it’s our mission to provide users with rich, interactive online experiences. From high level articles on our blog platform, to the latest strategies to build your success mindset inside our members area, to up-to-the-minute tactics on building your business both on and off line.
We’re always working to make our services even better. One of the ways we do that is by analyzing information we collect and receive about users in order to figure out what they might be interested in. This helps us develop more engaging content and provide more effective advertising, which enables us to keep most of our services free.
Information We Collect and Receive
We collect and receive information about users in a few different ways:
• Information you give us. You can give us information directly. For example:
• When you sign up for an IT WORKS INDEPENDENT DISTRIBUTOR accountyou may give us information such as your name, zip code, and date of birth;
• When you purchase one of our paid services, you give us your billing information, which may include your credit card data;
• When you post comments in response to a story or video on any of our Services, we-and other users-receive that information; and use it to help maximize your business potential.
• When you otherwise contact us or provide us information directly.
• Information we collect or receive when you use our Services. We also collect or receive information when you use our Services. We collect some of this information using cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. Depending on how you access and use our Services, we may receive:
• Information about your interactions with the websites, apps, and other services you use, the content you view, the search queries you submit, and information in cookies and similar technologies;
• Information about how you access those websites, apps, and other services, your browser or operating system, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and the website you visited before visiting our Services.
• The type of device you’re using (e.g., an iPhone);
• Certain device identifierswhich may be unique to your device; and
• Your Internet service provider.
• Location information. This information can include, for example, your device’s GPS signal and information about nearby WiFi networks and cell towers. We get this information when you use location-enabled services like MapQuest, which can give you driving directions based on your current location.
• Other information. Please note that IT WORKS INDEPENDENT DISTRIBUTOR may use information about your use of certain IT WORKS INDEPENDENT DISTRIBUTOR communication tools (for example, IT WORKS INDEPENDENT DISTRIBUTOR Mail and IT WORKS INDEPENDENT DISTRIBUTOR Instant Messenger); however, when you use IT WORKS INDEPENDENT DISTRIBUTOR communication tools, IT WORKS INDEPENDENT DISTRIBUTOR does not read your private online communications without your consent.
• Information from third-party sources. We may receive additional information about you that is publicly or commercially available and combine that with the information we have collected or received about you in other ways. Also, we receive information about you when you choose to connect with social networking services while using our Services. Learn more about how that works here.
Additionally, when you use IT WORKS INDEPENDENT DISTRIBUTOR software (such as the IT WORKS INDEPENDENT DISTRIBUTOR desktop software, IT WORKS INDEPENDENT DISTRIBUTOR toolbars, or AIM), we may collect information about other software on your device for the limited purposes of providing the service you are using and improving the security of our services.
How We Use the Information We Collect and Receive
We use the information we collect and receive for the following general purposes:
• To provide our Services.We use the information we collect and receive to provide you with the Services you use or request.
How We Share the Information We Collect and Receive
We may share information with:
• Affiliates. The information one IT WORKS INDEPENDENT DISTRIBUTOR affiliatereceives can be shared among other IT WORKS INDEPENDENT DISTRIBUTOR affiliates, including the Verizon family of companies.
• Business partners. We may share non-personally identifiable informationwith select business partners, who may use the information for a variety of purposes, including to provide you with relevant advertising.
• Other parties in response to legal process or when necessary to protect our Services. We may disclose your information-including the contents of your communications with other parties-to other parties, such as when we have a good faith belief that:
• It is necessary to respond to lawful governmental requests or legal process (for example, a court order, search warrant, or subpoena);
• The information is relevant to a crime that has been or is being committed;
• An emergency exists that poses a threat to your safety or the safety of another person; or
• It is necessary to protect the rights or property of IT WORKS INDEPENDENT DISTRIBUTOR.
• Other parties in connection with certain business transactions. In the event that the ownership of IT WORKS INDEPENDENT DISTRIBUTOR. or an affiliateor their assets changes as a result of a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, or in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy, your information may be transferred to another company. If we believe a transfer results in a material change in the use of the information we’ve collected or received about you, you will be given the opportunity to opt out of the transfer.
Companies that Provide Services to IT WORKS INDEPENDENT DISTRIBUTOR
Companies that provide services to us or act on our behalf may have access to information about you. These companies are limited in their ability to use information they receive in the course of providing services to us.
Third Parties that Provide Content, Advertising Services, or Functionality on Our Services
Some of the content, advertising, and functionality on our Services may be provided by third parties that are not affiliated with us. Such third parties include:
• Advertising providers, which help us and our advertising customers provide ads that are tailored to users’ interests and understand how users respond to those ads;
• Audience-measurement companies, which help us measure the overall usage of our Services and compare that usage to other online services.
• Social networking services (like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google ) that enable you to login to certain of our Services and to share things you find on our Services with your social network.
It’s important to remember that we don’t control the privacy practices of these (or any other) third-party services. So we encourage you to read the privacy policies of the services before connecting to them.
“Do Not Track” Signals
Some web browsers may transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which the browser communicates. There is no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals.
IT WORKS INDEPENDENT DISTRIBUTOR currently does not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard for responding is established, we may revisit its policy on responding to these signals.
You have a number of choices about how we handle your information:
• If you’re a registered IT WORKS INDEPENDENT DISTRIBUTOR user, you can access your registration information and any billing or shipping information and edit this information by visiting “My Account.”
• Some of our Services (IT WORKS INDEPENDENT DISTRIBUTOR Search) may also offer you the ability to manage and control information collected or used when you use these services.
• If you’re using a mobile device, please visit our Mobile Device Choicespage for information about the choices we provide to mobile users.
Our Commitment to Security
Although no one can guarantee the security of the information collected and received, we do employ a number of safeguards intended to mitigate the risk of unauthorized access or disclosure of this information. Examples of the types of safeguards we may provide (depending on the circumstances) include:
• Storing the data you provide in controlled facilities;
• Using HTTPS encryption when you authenticate (i.e., log into one of our Services), which helps prevent unauthorized access to your login credentials;
• Limiting access to personal information to employees who need that access to perform their jobs;
How to Contact Us
win a WRAP
no purchase necessary
*It Works! Global and its Independent Distributors Make No Curative Claims. These Statements Have Not Been Evaluated by the FDA. These Products are Not Intended to Diagnose, Treat, Cure, or Prevent Any Disease. *Folks - obviously, the income examples shown are extraordinary. The income claims presented are not intended to serve as a guarantee of income. Instead, they're designed to give you an idea of what's possible. Success in this business - as with anything, requires leadership, hard work and dedication. Since we want to help you make an informed decision, we've gone above and beyond with our income disclosure document. If you want to see the average earnings, please see our Full Income Disclosure. Make Sense? View our full terms and privacy here.